- Today is the last day that you can register for Teatown's Plein Air Painting Workshop. Artists, who will be using Teatown as their backdrop and inspiration, will be working with Teatown's Artist-in-Residence Melanie Kozol. Fore more info
- The big Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival is going on right now, up the road in Garrison. Shows run through September 2. This year, the festival features "Love’s Labour’s Lost," "Romeo and Juliet," and "The 39 Steps." Grounds open for picnicking two hours before the shows. Visit hvshakespeare.org for more info.
- Did you ever want to learn how to tie nautical knots? Well, Wednesday's your lucky day. Just head own down to Croton Point Park's Nature Center at 7:30 p.m. Ferry Sloops members will be there for a free hands-on knot tying seminar. You can get more details here.
- Ever want to know what it'd be like to ride to the Croton Dam on a motorcycle? There is a new high-definition video on YouTube showing just that. The rider gets his motor runnin', heads out on the highway, and then ends up at the always-amazing Croton Dam. Check out the video here.
- Stop by from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today and get a free cookie. While you're chowing down on that delicious, delectable cookie, chat with Croton Patch Editor Chris McHugh. Why not stay a while and order lunch? While you're enjoying your food, ask Chris how you can blog on Patch and how you can post announcements on the site. Also, if you have any other questions, or if you want to chat about social media, TV news or anything else, then stop on by. We also encourage any parents who want to post stories and pictures about their kids' teams on Patch to meet with us Monday. If you own a local business, we can show you how to claim your listing on Patch.
Keep checking back here for the latest Croton and Ossining news and information, and breaking news as it happens.
Have a great day and enjoy that coffee!
Editor, Croton/Ossining Patch