The FEMA Disaster Recovery Center is now open:
Westchester County Center
198 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, 7 days a week including Veterans Day
Parking: Parking is free to those visiting the FEMA DRC.
The center is staffed with representatives from:
- Con Edison to answer customer questions about outages and restorations
- FEMA to help individuals, households apply for financial aid for losses and damages caused by the storm
- The Small Business Administration, which will help businesses apply for low-interest loans for storm-related damages
- A variety of social services agencies to provide residents with recovery assistance
- The Department of Health, which will be giving free tetanus shots to anyone involved with cleanup, at the County Center Friday, Saturday and Sunday and at other locations.
- There will also be representatives from the Small Business Administration, who can explain low-interest loan packages available to individuals, nonprofits and businesses of any size.
FEMA strongly advises that people register in advance of visiting the disaster center. Residents can apply for FEMA aid without coming to the County Center. The first step is to register either by calling FEMA’s registration number 1-800-621-3362; or logging into www.disasterassistance.gov. For those with speech or hearing disabilities, use the TTY number at 800-462-7585.
FEMA’s Disaster Recovery Center Locator: http://asd.fema.gov/inter/locator/home.htm
For any Con Ed emergencies or outages call Con Ed directly at 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633.) DO NOT ASSUME Con Edison knows you are without power, call daily if power is not restored.