It was described as a "very disturbing" attack by Lieutenant Anthony Bueti, and Sleepy Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp said detectives have been at work ever since to bring the suspects of a gang assault to justice.
According to Camp:
On October 6, 2012 at about 3:30 am a 41-year-old male walked into police headquarters and reported that he had been assaulted at a bar on the corner of Beekman Avenue and Barnhardt Avenue. An ambulance was called and transported the victim to the hospital for injuries sustained in the assault. Officers attempted to locate suspects. An investigation was started and the following individuals have been arrested and charged with Gang Assault in the Second Degree:
- Oscar Segarra, a 26-year-old residing on S. Washington St., Tarrytown
- Mario Guzman, a 29-year-old residing at Franklin Courts, Tarrytown
- Hipolito Guzman, a 24-year-old residing on College Ave., Sleepy Hollow
- Paola Herrera, 38 years old, residing on Depeyster St., Sleepy Hollow
- Erlin Almonte, 30 years old, residing on Dale Ave., Ossining
- Manuel Salazar, 23 years old, residing on College Ave., Sleepy Hollow
Camp noted it has been a complicated process to identify, locate and arrest so many people. He had been unable to provide more case details earlier so as not to impede the ongoing investigation.