After Con Ed found a gas leak under Snowden Avenue, members of the Ossining Fire Department helped gain access to four houses to check for dangerous gas build-up.
All the houses were tested and deemed safe, said Second Assistant Chief Angelo Manicchio at about 12:45 p.m.
Engine 96 and 99, Tower Ladder 42 and Rescue 14 responded to the scene. "We don't take calls like this for granted," Manicchio said, referring to an incident last year when a house in Haverstraw filled with natural gas from a ruptured line and exploded, injuring two firefighters and two utility workers.
Snowden Avenue was closed briefly. Con Ed is fixing the leak.