- Potluck Dinner and Discussion on the Arts and the Westchester Economy. Join the Ossining Arts Council for a lively conversation tomorrow, Sept. 30, at Steamer Co. Firehouse, 117 Main St., Ossining.
- Masquerade Ball/Benefit. The Kathleen F. Marks Memorial Foundation announced its first public fundraising event, a Halloween Masquerade Ball at the Mansion at Colonial Terrace in Cortlandt to be held Oct. 26. The Foundation’s mission is to fundraise for cancer research in areas most in need of funding.
- Winners of the Lasdon Park Flower Show came from a cross section of the 30 Westchester and Putnam County and Bronx garden clubs that comprise the Ninth District of the Federated Garden Clubs of New York State.
- Volunteer needed. The Putnam Community Action Program is looking for a volunteer to help prepare tax returns. The hours can be flexible, but will involve one day per week during the 2013 tax season.
- Bedford Audubon’s Seed Sale. It's a great way to draw birds to your yard and support a community organization at the same time. Seed is sold by pre-order only. An order form is available at www.bedfordaudubon.org/Seed-Sale.pdf. Orders and payments must be made by the close of business Oct. 17. Pick-up is Nov. 3.
- New Castle History Rescued. The New Castle Historical Society has restored a section of Fair Ridge Cemetery in Chappaqua containing 40 graves relocated before the Croton Reservoir was enlarged. The Chappaqua and Croton Friends Meetings will conduct a brief rededication ceremony, 476 Quaker Road, Chappaqua, at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Sept. 30.
- New JCC on the Hudson under construction. Demolition has begun on the old GM Training Facility. Upon completion, the new 75,000 sq. ft. campus will sit on 6.5 acres and is expected to serve 12,000 people annually.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something