- School district leaders may be focused on safety plans in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy but those plans aren’t enough, a panel of experts told school leaders gathered at Putnam/Northern Westchester Board of Cooperative Educational Services Friday. From Ellen Lane
- Get a flu shot. Many people ask if they should still get a flu shot even at the peak of flu season or even if they think they have already had it. The answer is yes. From Northern Westchester Hospital Center
- More than 40 bestselling and award-winning authors and presenters will converge at Mohegan Sun on February 1-2, 2013 for The Big Book Club Getaway, which will benefit The Alzheimer’s Association. From Susan K. McCann
- UJA Federation is sponsoring a Hurricane Sandy Rehabilitation Project in Coney Island and Gerritsen Beach over the MLK weekend. As part of the project, we are gathering gift cards for families in the area. From the UJA Federation
- Jan. 26 at 7 p.m. The next concert in the First Presbyterian Church of Yorktown's 2012-2013 concert series features international cellist Serafim Smigelsky, Simona Frenkel, and the Bell Choir with chimes presenting this very special evening concert in the candle lit sanctuary. From Mark Linehan
- For anyone who has thought about having backyard chickens but is not quite ready to take the plunge, here is the perfect opportunity --join the InterGenerate Heritage Egg Co-op at John Jay Homestead. From Xenia D'Ambrosi
- Blue Book Building and Construction Network, publisher of targeted company, contractor and project information for the commercial construction industry, recently announced the successful sale of the previously family-owned company to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in conjunction with the celebration of the company’s 100th year in business. From Co-Communications
- The Ars Viva Chamber Orchestra (AVCO) is presenting its first Westchester Youth Concerto Competition Winners Concert on February 9, 2013 at 1:00pm. The concert will be held at the historic Tarrytown Music Hall. From Jesse Henkensiefken
- , at 3 pm at Scarborough Presbyterian Church, Scarborough Manor, with an exhilarating concert designed to appeal to all musical tastes from the Classical – to the Modern – to the Great White Way. From Angela Usobiaga
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something